Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mac - Turning off Photos

Options
  • 22-03-2016 11:19pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Computers are great but they are also very annoying.

I use Mac as I find them less annoying than Windoze.

The rest is only relevant to Mac users.

(Are we alone now?)

Something that has been a constant irritant of late is that whenever I plug in my cards it automatically launches Photos. You have to wait while it gets the data from the card before shutting it down to start the import. There is an option to turn off the auto import but it's device specific and after each format it sees the card as a new device. Why you cannot disable this piece of numpty software is beyond me. I have been looking for a solution and think I may have found it.

This seems to stop Photos from Auto Launching

I have just done an OSX update last night so may have to reapply it, but so far it has been good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Spotted that myself not so long ago.
    100% recommend!

Advertisement