Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play store gone missing from tablet

Options
  • 22-03-2016 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭

I've a Lenovo Yoga 2 tablet that I bought last summer, which was working fine.

Turned it on last night for the first time in a few months, and the Play store has vanished. Some other apps give an error saying "Google play services is not supported on the device. Contact the manufacturer".

It was grand last time I used it, never had any problems installing apps.
    Current version of the OS is 4.4.2
    If I go into Settings > Apps, I can see Google Play Services listed (haven't got the version number of that handy)
    But I don't have any icon for Google Play.

I did notice that I still have separate apps for Google Play Games, Google Play Music apps, all of which return the same error message.
    But weren't they all merged back into the main Google Play store a while ago?

Wifi is working, so it's not a connection issue.
    I'm wondering if I've somehow fallen into a gap where some stuff got partially updated and something went wrong.

Any suggestions?

Comments

Advertisement