Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engagement party dress stress

Options
  • 22-03-2016 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

I need help!

My engagement party is in a week and a half and I haven't been able to find anything I'd really like to wear within my budget!

I'd love a dress, but everything I've seen is either really short or bodycon.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm 5 11 & hour glass shape. Any help would be appreciated!! I want to wear something I feel comfortable in, but don't want to spend loads on it...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

What's your budget? One woman's bargain is another woman's blow-out.
    Do you want knee length, calf length, fitted, A line, low cut, sleeves? Colour? Patterns/prints?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Guybrush Threepwood

I'm looking for around the €50 or under mark - i'd love something that comes to my knee or lower and don't mind the cut as long as it's not too tight (can't wear bodycon!). As for colours, I'd love something white but am open to anything! :)

Thanks for sharing the link Wellyd, it's absolutely gorgeous but unfortunately would be far too short for me and my big legs :(

Thanks for the help!!

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

There are some lovely dresses in the Tall section of ASOS - as a tall woman as well I find that the dresses usually sit much better on me, and aren't indecently short when they're supposed to be just above the knee.

I know you said you would like a white dress - here's one, though I don't know if it would be too fitted for you?

They also have some lovely grey dresses, a sort of soft grey. This one is a bandeau style, while this one has some nice shoulder details.

Or there's this one in cream?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

gutenberg wrote: »
    There are some lovely dresses in the Tall section of ASOS - as a tall woman as well I find that the dresses usually sit much better on me, and aren't indecently short when they're supposed to be just above the knee.

I know you said you would like a white dress - here's one, though I don't know if it would be too fitted for you?

They also have some lovely grey dresses, a sort of soft grey. This one is a bandeau style, while this one has some nice shoulder details.

Or there's this one in cream?

I LOVE the first one. OP could you up your budget to €70/€80? I think the point about the Asos tall range is very true. The dresses are lovely and worth the money IMO.

Here is another option - http://www.asos.com/ASOS-Tall/ASOS-TALL-Lace-Crop-Top-Wiggle-Dress/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=6185269&cid=19780&Rf-200=5&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=36&sort=-1&clr=White&totalstyles=15&gridsize=3

I LOVE the first one. OP could you up your budget to €70/€80? I think the point about the Asos tall range is very true. The dresses are lovely and worth the money IMO.

Totally agree. I have quite a few dresses now from Asos Tall and I love them - I got one not dissimilar to the third dress I posted, with the shoulder details, only mine is in navy. I'm going to be wearing it to a wedding soon - I posted about it another thread. It's gorgeous, and was very reasonably priced. Asos is one of my go-to places now when looking for something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

gutenberg wrote: »
    Totally agree. I have quite a few dresses now from Asos Tall and I love them - I got one not dissimilar to the third dress I posted, with the shoulder details, only mine is in navy. I'm going to be wearing it to a wedding soon - I posted about it another thread. It's gorgeous, and was very reasonably priced. Asos is one of my go-to places now when looking for something.

Me too - so happy they're now doing free delivery AND returns! Dangerous!

I'm not as tall as the OP but probably a bit taller than average, so I shop between the regular and tall ranges depending on the dress. Having the proper length makes all the difference.

I'm going to 5 weddings this year and Asos has been an absolute savior!

Me too - so happy they're now doing free delivery AND returns! Dangerous!

I'm not as tall as the OP but probably a bit taller than average, so I shop between the regular and tall ranges depending on the dress. Having the proper length makes all the difference.

I'm going to 5 weddings this year and Asos has been an absolute savior!

As a 5'10 woman (so only a bit shorter than the OP) I completely agree - total godsend!

Advertisement