Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiat Multipla 2004 1.6 DOHC petrol fuses

Options
  • 22-03-2016 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at a Multipla (not mine!) which won't fire up, although it did recently. A few bits were done to it for NCT.

Anyone give me a link to a map of which fuse is which?
    It seems to smell petrolly and there is a spark at the plug; I'm trying to eliminate injection faults.

Any other hints welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

The exhaust manifold has been changed since it was successfully running, for one from a scrapyard, with the lambda sensor that came with the replacement. Could a faulty sensor stop it from firing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

Removing the exhaust manifold on these is not straightforward, plus you mention a smell of petrol. There are quite a number of wiring connections, hoses etc to be removed when doing the job. I'd check to see if everything is connected properly, rather than looking for blown fuses. Once the ignition is turned to the 'on' position you should hear the pump. A faulty or disconnected lambda should not stop the engine firing.

Advertisement