Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

raids in Waterford

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

A load of barber shops being investigated!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Good to see this is a multi-agency move. Follow the money chaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Any in particular?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Ah yes ... so the usual suspects are being targeted I take it ...

tonc76 wrote: »
    Any in particular?

All the ones owned by the ......!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

All the ones owned by the ......!

dildolls? Stokes? Provos? ISIL? Culchies? Townies? Baader Meinhoff Gang? Khmer Rouge? Who????:eek:

dildolls? Stokes? Provos? ISIL? Culchies? Townies? Baader Meinhoff Gang? Khmer Rouge? Who????:eek:

I can't mention names here but you got it in two!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭johnsparkexile

Very diplomatic.

Bit harsh to rope the World Health Organisation into this!

Very diplomatic.

My middle name!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,116 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Which barber shops?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Officers recovered property with an estimated value of 75 thousand euro during coordinated searches in Waterford and Wexford. Over 80 Gardaí took part in the searches with the assistance of the Criminal Assets Bureau, Drugs and Organised Crime Bureau, Stolen Motor Vehicle Investigation Unit and the Garda Air Support. The women aged 44 and 46 years have been released from Garda custody on bail. They are due to appear before Donegal District Court tomorrow morning.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭taytobreath

donegal district court...wtf

Dissidents

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Which barber shops?

Lets just say itll be a very sad Easter with no Turkey Dinner for the Stokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,049 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Wouldn't get too excited folks. It 'll be business as usual next week. I'm not convinced about this cab stuff. Nice idea but you'd have to wonder if it's working.

Anyone noticed any closed businesses today?

Lets just say itll be a very sad Easter with no Turkey Dinner for the Stokes.

Or lets just say which barber shops?

There are a lot of Turkish barbers in the city at this point, I would like to know which ones speculation is surrounding since one of them is a personal friend of mine the last 10 years and I know he is he only owner of his shop for example.

Is it all just based on an assumption because you might see some people in certain shops getting haircuts etc?

Anyone noticed any closed businesses today?

No, but I'm in work myself, was talking to my Turkish buddy who has a shop last night though and he was not raided, nor was another one of his friends, but a third guy we know was. No idea what, if anything was seized.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

There are a lot of Turkish barbers in the city at this point, I would like to know which ones speculation is surrounding since one of them is a personal friend of mine the last 10 years and I know he is he only owner of his shop for example.

Is it all just based on an assumption because you might see some people in certain shops getting haircuts etc?

Come on Stringer we all know that property you have is dodgy and your running the Barksdale crew in the city.

• Advertisement

Rackstar wrote: »
    Come on Stringer we all know that property you have is dodgy and your running the Barksdale crew in the city.

Hey, there's knowing, and then there's proving :)

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Have these raids anything to do with the hammer attack at the funeral in Ballinaneasagh graveyard? Same names being mentioned locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,049 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Deisegodeo wrote:
    Have these raids anything to do with the hammer attack at the funeral in Ballinaneasagh graveyard? Same names being mentioned locally.

Ffs, how low are these people! You'd be terrified to go to your own family plot now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

You're the only one who mentioned Turkish barbers the 2nd post just said barber shops,maybe you know a lot more than you're letting on ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭lassykk

I have literally no idea what the hell ye are talking about in here!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

The Stokes gang is money laundering through Turkish barber shops and something about stolen cars and Donegal women?
    Clear?
    No.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭lassykk

longshanks wrote: »
    The Stokes gang is money laundering through Turkish barber shops and something about stolen cars and Donegal women?
    Clear?
    No.

Ah I'm fully up to speed now!

Deisegodeo wrote: »

Don't think so, from what I know it was a family that begin with the name D, not S that was involved in the funeral and since everybody is assuming these raids are to do with the second family they would be apparently unconnected.

The funeral was a highly charged event anyway, plenty of trouble after it.

You're the only one who mentioned Turkish barbers the 2nd post just said barber shops,maybe you know a lot more than you're letting on ;)

You just missed the "subtle" hint in the post I responded to i'd say?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Don't think so, from what I know it was a family that begin with the name D, not S that was involved in the funeral and since everybody is assuming these raids are to do with the second family they would be apparently unconnected.

The funeral was a highly charged event anyway, plenty of trouble after it.

Right fair enough. Some crazy behavior whoever was involved

Advertisement