Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reserve Defence Force (RDF) recruitment 2016

• 22-03-2016 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am 24,male & irish born. I served full time in an air assault unit in the British army for 4 years. I am a fully trained, class one soldier( I believe that's called a 3 star private in PDF) well versed on rifles,Machine guns & 81mm mortars. Also competent with fieldcraft etc & have advanced driving licences to drive anything up to an artic. Used to drive the MAN truck SV/TCV's & foxhounds in my old unit. After my little boy was born I left the army and came home to Ireland.
    Now I'm bored out of my mind on civvy street. Can't commit to joining the PDF but am now seriously considering joining the RDF. I'm looking for any and all relevant information on enlisting into the RDF in 2016
    How to go about it, timeframes, chances of getting accepted, what life is like as a weekend soldier etc. Any and all information relevant to enlistment. I do not wish to disclose my involvement with the British army for obvious reasons though. Especially with my son.
    If anybody currently serving or otherwise can advise me I'd appreciate it. Thank you.

Comments

Advertisement