Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ross Castle active?

Options
  • 22-03-2016 3:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Just wondering has anyone here even done an investigation at Ross Castle in Meath? Its a location that we have been thinking of doing for a while but its one of the more expensive locations to do. Basically asking is it worth the trip?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Its pretty pricey but is the only place I have stayed where there has been some activity. PM me if you want to know the details. How much are they looking for now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Never got anything there myself, heard many of stories from others though from people while I've been their on a night, I'd recommend not finding out about the history/stories, go yourself and then come back here and tell use what you did/didn't experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Went up a few years ago and didn't find anything. This was with a crew of people we didn't know some were freaked out by the place but we found nothing ourselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭IamtooGoode

Was in Ross Castle with team in mid December, nothing much happened while I was there but a lovely place. I left early at 12:40am but I think the rest of the team heard footsteps. Must check the investigations report to see what they experienced after I left …

• Registered Users Posts: 10 PHIRE

hi guys, that was a place a small group of us where going to do. But Bective Abbey in meath, near navan is a place we want to do. it free just need council permission. we went up during the day and had a lot of strange hits on our meters. at one spot in the corridor a row of our meters went off one after the other like something was walking past them, this happened about 6 times in 1 hour, so yeh the abbey is very active. i would be interested in meeting up with anyone else who would like to investigate this spot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭IamtooGoode

PHIRE wrote: »
    hi guys, that was a place a small group of us where going to do. But Bective Abbey in meath, near navan is a place we want to do. it free just need council permission. we went up during the day and had a lot of strange hits on our meters. at one spot in the corridor a row of our meters went off one after the other like something was walking past them, this happened about 6 times in 1 hour, so yeh the abbey is very active. i would be interested in meeting up with anyone else who would like to investigate this spot.

Sounds interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Story Bud?

A group of After Hours posters stayed there two years ago as part of Santa Strike Force. Very little occurred, however, one of the women in attendance went to the bathroom, which was just off the main living room. She came back out half laughing half shaking saying "OK which one of you was it?" and none of us had moved an inch. She had left the door of the bathroom unlocked but when she went to get out she said that it felt as if someone was pulling the door from the other side, it wasn't fully closed, but she was unable to open it. It then suddenly became free as if whoever it was had let go.

She was more than a little freaked out, and wouldn't use that bathroom again, nor would she go to any other of the bathrooms unaccompanied.

There was no activity at all in the tower.

Nice place all the same and we were made feel very welcome by the owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

I don't understand why people on an investigation get freaked out when something happens that they see as being paranormal or whatever. Isn't that why everyone went to the bother of being there in the castle or whatever in middle of the night?

Anyone interested in this is surely open to the idea of there being ghosts, so them trying to interact or make contact in whatever way they can is exactly what everyone wants

I can imagine the ghost responsible getting annoyed that they bothered to interact only to have investigation team members act like Shaggy and Scooby Doo from the cartoon series

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Story Bud?

Den_M wrote: »
    I don't understand why people on an investigation get freaked out when something happens that they see as being paranormal or whatever. Isn't that why everyone went to the bother of being there in the castle or whatever in middle of the night?

Anyone interested in this is surely open to the idea of there being ghosts, so them trying to interact or make contact in whatever way they can is exactly what everyone wants

I can imagine the ghost responsible getting annoyed that they bothered to interact only to have investigation team members act like Shaggy and Scooby Doo from the cartoon series

It was for charity. And in fact quite a chunk of money was raised for sick children. I'm sure the ghosts, nor scooby doo himself, would have minded too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

It was for charity. And in fact quite a chunk of money was raised for sick children. I'm sure the ghosts, nor scooby doo himself, would have minded too much.

I didn't mean the particular investigation that you were on, I was talking about general investigations. If weird stuff starts happening to those that are there to document weird stuff then happy days, surely?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭screamer

Den_M wrote: »

It's not even getting excited it's the hysteria that sets in. I just think people go there expecting things to happen and when they do it's all paranormal....... common sense and cop on goes out the window and of course its always night investigations when you're tired and it's dark and your mind can play tricks on you......

• Registered Users Posts: 6 alec01

The girlfriend and I are staying in the new tower room in Ross castle on friday week. We will be on the way back from doing the causeway coastal route while taking in some of the Game of Thrones location's in NI so we thought it would be cool to stay in a legit castle at the end of our trip. I'm telling ye this to give context to our stay, we are not ghost hunting just medieval geeksðŸ˜.

I used to beleive in the paranormal but not so much anymore, so the ghost thing doesn't really interest me much and we certainly won't be looking for them.

We are looking forward to the history and old atmosphere of the place. With all that said if anything out of the ordinary should happen I'll def post it up to let ye know.

P.S. If anyone has stayed in the new tower room whats it like?? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Its fine, we stayed there before.. Quite comfortable.. If ye are in the top room ye will more than likely hear a bottle rolling on the roof. is ye are in the room below the door doesn't shut

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I went up to the roof to check that noise and there was nothing up there

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Riamfada wrote: »
    Its pretty pricey but is the only place I have stayed where there has been some activity. PM me if you want to know the details. How much are they looking for now?

Would you mind sharing what happened please :) I'd be very interested to hear it.

Advertisement