Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Growing sunflowers

Options
  • 21-03-2016 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

My little one wants to grow sunflowers , so me having never grown anything has to do some research and get the sunflowers seeds ect.

Are there any varieties which do relatively well in ireland and if so where can I get the seeds .

All help appreciated as I need these to grow successfully or will have to give a detailed report as to Why they didn't .

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 owain

Sun flowers are hard to get wrong. Get some small pots, a bit of compost and some seeds. Place one seed in each pot and press into the soil slightly so its just covered. Dust over with soil. Water. Observe growth in pot, plant out/ into bigger pot once it's a few inches tall. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

owain wrote: »
    Sun flowers are hard to get wrong. Get some small pots, a bit of compost and some seeds. Place one seed in each pot and press into the soil slightly so its just covered. Dust over with soil. Water. Observe growth in pot, plant out/ into bigger pot once it's a few inches tall. Good luck

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭stoplooklisten

Car99 wrote: »
    ...... I need these to grow successfully or will have to give a detailed report as to Why they didn't .

Thanks.

:D

Luckily they are easy enough to grow as Owain outlined above. If you plant them out in the garden when they're big enough, make sure it's a sunny spot and they have a stakes to support, or a fence one side of them if you want them to get really tall.

Don't forget to water them Lidl have seeds.

Advertisement