Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Joe Duffy Audi Limerick.

Options
  • 21-03-2016 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any experiences good, bad or indifferent, trying to do a deal with Joe Duffy Audi, Limerick? Just wondering.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I can honestly say that I have not seen a single Audi around Limerick with a Joe Duffy sticker on it yet. Not saying there are none out there but I haven't seen any which is a bit bizarre given the amount of Audis on the road. Showroom always seems quite when I'm passing that way too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭carsfan

I've seen a good few Audi limerick cars around. They don't advertise that they are part of the Joe Duffy group.

I was in there test driving the new A4 a few months back. First time I went in I was under time pressure and just wanted to see the car and get prices which they were unable to do and I was a bit annoyed. The second time I was there I drove the car and found them ok but they have a set sales process to go through that is time consuming.They offered me a fair price for my trade in and were keen to run the numbers on deals to get me to buy. There was no pressure. They contacted me twice after to see if I was interested. Found them very professional and friendly enough to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Last Year I was looking to trade my 2012 520d for a 2015 A6. Called into the Limerick dealership but found them too expensive and got a much better deal in Audi Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

Found them nice to talk to and helpful but very over priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Last Year I was looking to trade my 2012 520d for a 2015 A6. Called into the Limerick dealership but found them too expensive and got a much better deal in Audi Wexford.

My own experience was very similar. I tried them last year when I was looking to trade my 141 A3 for a new A4. They were offering me a ridiculously low price for my car compared to other main dealers around the country.

• Advertisement

I thought their prices for used cars are very high.
    The current location is only temporary apparently as they are to build a new showroom.
    God knows what their asking prices will be if they have to pay for that too.

tippman1 wrote: »
    My own experience was very similar. I tried them last year when I was looking to trade my 141 A3 for a new A4. They were offering me a ridiculously low price for my car compared to other main dealers around the country.

The salesman looked over my car for about 20 mins and then told me he couldn't give me a price until he spoke to Joe Duffy in Dublin. I rang him back a couple of times during the week and he said he was still waiting on them to give him a price. Then he offered me about €5000 less than I'd been offered elsewhere. When I questioned this (I actually asked if he was joking) he assured me that's all my car was worth. Rang the garage a week later when I'd got a few different prices all over €5000 more than he'd offered elsewhere from a Mercedes dealer and BMW dealer. His boss answered the call and told me the salesman thought my car was a year older than it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭Comhrá

The salesman looked over my car for about 20 mins and then told me he couldn't give me a price until he spoke to Joe Duffy in Dublin. I rang him back a couple of times during the week and he said he was still waiting on them to give him a price. Then he offered me about €5000 less than I'd been offered elsewhere. When I questioned this (I actually asked if he was joking) he assured me that's all my car was worth. Rang the garage a week later when I'd got a few different prices all over €5000 more than he'd offered elsewhere from a Mercedes dealer and BMW dealer. His boss answered the call and told me the salesman thought my car was a year older than it was.

My experience was nearly identical. I was offered €5,250 less for my A3 Saloon in Audi Limerick than two other main dealers, one of them was a VW dealer and one an Audi dealer.

When the salesman rang me a week later asking if I had considered his offer, I told him he was over 5K off the pace and he sounded a bit shocked and just admitted they (Dublin) had gotten their pricing wrong. Hard to see why the Limerick branch of Joe Duffy can't decide their own pricing.

Not sure how they can sell new cars offering such poor trade-in value.

Funny, when he was on the phone to Dublin, I heard him enthusing about my A3 which was pretty much mint condition with small mileage but he still offered me a pathetic trade-in price.

Things that make you go hmmm:)

I think being part of a big group maybe removes their autonomy and ability to make decisions themselves.
    My car( a VW) had to be valued via their Dublin garage too. When I expressed disappointment at the value given, they came back a few minutes later with a value 500 more. Their offer was fine tbh I just had to say it wasn't obviously.
    I was interested in a reasonably high spec A4 and the sales guy told me that for what it would cost I would be better off to buy an A6 as they were coming out better value considering the spec and it would have better residuals.
    I appreciated his honesty for telling me this but didn't want a car of that size and felt the A4 was poor value to get the spec I wanted.
    If you look at their Facebook page they post some of the cars they have sold and there is some tasty metal going out so obviously some people are buying from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,497 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

bazz26 wrote: »
    I can honestly say that I have not seen a single Audi around Limerick with a Joe Duffy sticker on it yet. Not saying there are none out there but I haven't seen any which is a bit bizarre given the amount of Audis on the road. Showroom always seems quite when I'm passing that way too.

They just have Audi Limerick on them. Same as Audi Athlone don't say Michael Moore or Audi Sligo don't have Connollys on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭OnlyGotOneSong

Very very expensive. Couple of decent sales guys in there but no room for negotiations really.offered me an insulting amount for a trade so I left it there.went up to Audi Kilkenny and was given a very good price on my trade in to get the deal done.would really recommend trying all the dealers (bar Audi Limerick and Galway).

Advertisement