Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Broadband Setup Complications

Options
  • 21-03-2016 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys,

Just wondering has anyone had a similar experience as me. Moved into a new house recently and chose Sky Broadband as my internet provider. 5 weeks ago I rang them looking to setup Sky Broadband to which they told me I needed to have Sky TV in order to setup Sky Broadband. I agreed to this even though I don't want the TV because they told me I had until the 18th of March where I could cancel it without getting charged. About 2 weeks later the tv was installed but no developments on the Broadband side of it. I rang before the 18th of March to cancel the TV where I was told it's actually up to the 3rd of April I could cancel it.

Anyway today I noticed I had been billed for 19.50 so I rang them to discuss this and to enquire about the broadband installation (third time ringing). After being on hold for 10 minutes I was put through to an NOP agent and he told me I needed to keep the TV for 12 months in order to have Sky Broadband aswell. I was furious at this stage and demanded to cancel the whole process. Then when through to the cancellation department he told me his colleague was wrong and I could cancel the TV once the Broadband was installed.

So now I don't even know what's going on, completely misinformed from the very start and I'm getting nowhere. On top of that getting billed after being told I wouldn't be billed. Complete mess.

I'm guessing I'm not the only person who has had problems dealing with them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

I didn't need TV to sign up to broadband with Sky strange they made you sign up..

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

jay93 wrote: »
    I didn't need TV to sign up to broadband with Sky strange they made you sign up..

If a new line provide is required they insist on TV where before they would have just said no.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Oh ok. I had a line already so I guess it didn't matter.

Advertisement