Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Dynamics NAV2016

Options
  • 21-03-2016 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭

Is there many users here using MS Dynamics Nav2016 as a solution for their financial needs?

If you are using it, do you have in-house developers or have a third party provide additional functionality.

From what I can see, it doesn't use handhelds from 'out of the box' & a degree of bespoke is required.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Confirmed!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Anybody using it??

Maybe a rethink is needed.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Confirmed!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Last time I worked with NAV was when it was maintained as part of a managed service for numerous customers, none of them had in house developers, this was about 8-9 years ago so things could have changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭markpb

My company are considering moving to it this year. We won't be doing the development ourselves, we'll be getting an integration partner to do the initial setup and customisation for us.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Have used it in the past, would not recommend for less than 100 employees as you will need a full time developer to not only support it but stop the accountants from buggering it up with what they think are 'improvements'

If controlled by a competent IT person, it's a powerful system, in the hands of an enthusiastic amateur it's a disaster.

Advertisement