Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blue Tit playing with his reflection

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭eezipc

Poor guy is looking for a friend to play with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

He sees it as a rival . This is actually aggressive behave.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,491 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

There's been one doing it on my car mirror when it's parked outside the office.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Poor mite must be exhausted, he's been at it since 8am and still on the go !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

There's been one doing it on my car mirror when it's parked outside the office.

In previous years a blue tit has practically killed itself by repeatedly smacking head-on into my car mirror :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

If you can cover it with anything to stop it seeing its reflection it will stop. Might be worthwhile if its spending a long time at it - its probably wasting a lot of time and energy, and for a small bird that can have a serious effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭beer enigma

If you can cover it with anything to stop it seeing its reflection it will stop. Might be worthwhile if its spending a long time at it - its probably wasting a lot of time and energy, and for a small bird that can have a serious effect.

Its a water feature, so I turned it on this morning and he flew away - he did come back for a quick wash, but haven't seen him since

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭eezipc

Lies.......... it's like a Disney film. He is cheerfully chirping while endlessly searching for his long lost love.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

We have one or two 'special' Finches (Run Forrest Run..) attacking a corner of the kitchen window for weeks coming up to Summer. Bong... bong... bong...

Nice garden piece Andip, where did you source it from?

Advertisement