Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Door molex

Options
  • 20-03-2016 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭

2005 Mini. Any experience running speaker wires through the front door boot/molex? Or will I just drill a couple of holes and save myself a massive headache?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Roger Mellie Man on the Telly

Ok. This is not easy. I have done an almost perfect job, but not quite. To do it absolutely invisibly would (I think) require removal of the doors.

I was able to get the wire through beside the molex and then through a grommet in the footwell. I then pierced a very small hole in the rubber boot between the door and car. This allowed me to use a lubricated cable tie to pull the speaker wire through the boot into the door.

It's pretty clean, there is only an inch of speaker wire visible between the molex and the rubber boot.

Tweeters and crossovers to fit next, then the amplifier.

Advertisement