Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCPS clamped incorrectly?

Options
  • 20-03-2016 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi I have just arrived in Dublin a few months back and parked off road. There was no signs nor any notice that it was private property, there was not even a sign stating that ncps operated here. There was a nearby car park on the opposite side however that was for the car park itself and stated as much on the sign. My question is, do they have any grounds to clamp me? Also another thing on the notice they said to confirm my notice number but they couldn't even be arsed to put one down.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

Probably NCPS were acting for Dublin City Council and probably you were parked illegally ("off the road" suggests to me you were on a verge or footpath)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

NCPS Does not clamp for DCC, that's DSPS which is the trading style of APCOA. Is it clearly public land?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Can you use google maps and give us the exact location?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 rahmsye

Hi guys thanks for the reply,

53°14'57.1"N 6°08'46.0"W coordinates it wont let me post link or url.

it is parked here on the left near the gates, as you can see there are no signs saying i cant park there and the sign near the car park is for that car park. When I called them they told me I parked in a designated parking and that was marked. I did send them pictures i tried uploading them here however site wont let me as I am a newbie. To confirm they told me it was on behalf of the management company not local council.

Thanks in advance

Also to add it it does not say it is private land at all so I am assuming it is public it is near the luas line in cherrywood.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

rahmsye wrote: »

it is parked here on the left near the gates, as you can see there are no signs saying i cant park there and the sign near the car park is for that car park. When I called them they told me I parked in a designated parking and that was marked. I did send them pictures i tried uploading them here however site wont let me as I am a newbie. To confirm they told me it was on behalf of the management company not local council.

Thanks in advance

Are there double yellow lines on the map on the road you parked on?

Stheno wrote: »
    I think there is yes but when I called them they stated that I parked in one of 14 designated areas and that they were signs saying they operated there. However there were none at all.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Ok that doesn't make much sense tbh. Anyway you can't park on a road with double yellow lines.

Ok that doesn't make much sense tbh. Anyway you can't park on a road with double yellow lines.

Which I would accept, yet they were not council run so they shouldnt have used that as an excuse to clamp me. They made it clear that there were running it on behalf of the management company. IN other areas around the complex there are signs saying they would clamp but they are clearly marked with bays and signs saying they will clamp but nothing on here where I parked that says this at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,490 ✭✭✭✭guil

Is it just here on the right where you parked?
    2016-03-20_1.png
    That road looks as if it is part of the apartments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,931 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Thanks in advance

That looks like the access road for the development, the whole place is private property so the signs would be at the entrance.

Since its private property your wasting your time appealing as you appeal to the company which clamped you. Should of cut the lock off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭bren2002

I'm familiar with this area. There is paid parking around the corner, unless things have changed in the past few months that area was traditional free parking. I've certainly parked there for the day and commuted to work, my little fella used to go to that crèche there.

guil wrote: »
    Is it just here on the right where you parked?

That road looks as if it is part of the apartments.
    Yes that on the right, thing is though I have parked there many times before seen the ncps van go past and not do anything so not sure what changed this time. Also there is no signs whatsoever saying I cant park there.

Del2005 wrote: »
    That looks like the access road for the development, the whole place is private property so the signs would be at the entrance.

Since its private property your wasting your time appealing as you appeal to the company which clamped you. Should of cut the lock off.

I might just try that I have my British car so they can chase me to UK if they want. Also no signs at the entrance either took pictures as well just in case.

bren2002 wrote: »
    I'm familiar with this area. There is paid parking around the corner, unless things have changed in the past few months that area was traditional free parking. I've certainly parked there for the day and commuted to work, my little fella used to go to that crèche there.
    It still is free parking so I am confused as to why they clamped it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭bren2002

Revenue

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I might just try that I have my British car so they can chase me to UK if they want. Also no signs at the entrance either took pictures as well just in case.

If they have your UK reg no., then let them sing for their supper. Vultures:mad:

There are a number of threads in this forum on this matter of these vultures incorrectly clamping. In a lot of cases posters have successfully cut the clamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The people who enforce parking on public streets in the Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown county council area don't clamp, they only issue tickets so it must be private property.

coylemj wrote: »
    The people who enforce parking on public streets in the Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown county council area don't clamp, they only issue tickets so it must be private property.

Spoke NCPS and frankly they are dicks, even after seeing the evidence they said they will pass me onto appeals and that I should still pay the clamp fee. Well, frankly **** them will just take the wheel off and take the suspension out then can **** right off

• Registered Users Posts: 78,308 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Looks like private property.

If you were on the double yellow lines at the bend in the road or on the verge / outside the gates, then that's fair game for clamping.

• Advertisement
Advertisement