Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Named driver letter, advice?

Options
  • 20-03-2016 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi I want to get my first car insurance policy in my own name. For over 6 years I have driven as a named driver on my partners policy. Over those years he held policies with different insurance companies.

My question is will the most recent company have all my named driving experience so that I only need a letter from them OR do I have to go back to all the different companies from the past 6 years and get letters from them too?

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

I don't know, maybe.....I couldn't tell you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

You'll need to get them off each of the companies individually. Each one will state dates and any claims that might of occurred on each policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭emalou

ASOT wrote: »
    You'll need to get them off each of the companies individually. Each one will state dates and any claims that might of occurred on each policy.

Damn, such hassle. I'd say I've kept paperwork for the last 2 or 3 years but trying to remember further than that, which company for which year, also changed car a couple of times. If I dont have paperwork with policy number or vehicle reg, will they still be able to find me in the system? Say for the policy held six years ago, if all I have to give is name, d.o.b, address (at the time).

Have to get on the phone and dig out paperwork tomorrow to get this sorted and I'm dreading it :/

This is going to be head-wrecking :(

emalou wrote: »
    Damn, such hassle. I'd say I've kept paperwork for the last 2 or 3 years but trying to remember further than that, which company for which year, also changed car a couple of times. If I dont have paperwork with policy number or vehicle reg, will they still be able to find me in the system? Say for the policy held six years ago, if all I have to give is name, d.o.b, address (at the time).

Have to get on the phone and dig out paperwork tomorrow to get this sorted and I'm dreading it :/

This is going to be head-wrecking :(

They should be able to find the information on there system I know we can in my job, but it would depend on the system they use etc on how easy it will be. Not knowing the companies will be the biggest pain, you'll want to get the phone book out and call them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭kerten

I bought a policy for my wife first time via First Ireland on Friday. She was a named driver for last 6 years in my policies.

I got a good quote(625 Euro for 06 1.6 Nissan Note) and asked the guy on the phone if I will need to supply any paperwork for Named driver experience as I was with them for last 3-4 years only. He said that not needed and they can see it. It would be pretty painful to search for those records.

Hopefully this will be end of it as I didn't receive the policy yet.

• Advertisement

kerten wrote: »
    I bought a policy for my wife first time via First Ireland on Friday. She was a named driver for last 6 years in my policies.

I got a good quote(625 Euro for 06 1.6 Nissan Note) and asked the guy on the phone if I will need to supply any paperwork for Named driver experience as I was with them for last 3-4 years only. He said that not needed and they can see it. It would be pretty painful to search for those records.

Hopefully this will be end of it as I didn't receive the policy yet.

If there with the same company then it's easy to cross reference the files but the tricky part comes when there spread across companies, its a pain to try organise I usually try make sure the customer is well aware before I put a policy through because if you can't supply all the letters the policy will end up being cancelled.

Advertisement