Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gearbest

Options
  • 20-03-2016 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭

Anyone have experience with ordering from this site? ordered an item 17th Feb still nothing......was given a tracking number under 'my orders' but nowhere to track the item......they also posted a small pic of a parcel with my name on which I thought was odd, what does that prove :rolleyes:.....have never seen anywhere post a pic of a parcel before sending

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

I think that gearbest is a very naughty word on here, always difficulties with them

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I've ordered a few bits from them, a dash cam & a wifi camera, both did eventually arrive with no issues.

They ship from different locations, so that could be the reason it takes a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭droidman123

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Anyone have experience with ordering from this site? ordered an item 17th Feb still nothing......was given a tracking number under 'my orders' but nowhere to track the item......they also posted a small pic of a parcel with my name on which I thought was odd, what does that prove :rolleyes:.....have never seen anywhere post a pic of a parcel before sending

I think any mention of that site is banned from here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭droidman123

Pink Fairy wrote: »
    I think that gearbest is a very naughty word on here, always difficulties with them

I don't think it's necessarily difficulties with the actual service of the site,I think it's because there were shills posting here on their behalf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

I don't think it's necessarily difficulties with the actual service of the site,I think it's because there were shills posting here on their behalf

That too, buy there are numerous issues with the service

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Mentioning the dreaded "G" site.....

Oh boy is that a paddlin......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Certainly a paddlin.

Well known that Gearbest shilling is barred across the entire site...

Anyway, one for the mods and not the back seat mods..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I ordered an Android TV box from them in February and it got stuck in customs for over a week and I had to pay VAT, ended up costing me €1 more than the Amazon.co.uk price which would have arrived sooner. I won't be using them again as I've heard only bad things, the TV box works great however.

They transship via the Netherlands so maybe check the PostNL website to see if it has arrived into Europe yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

I've ordered a few bits from them, a dash cam & a wifi camera, both did eventually arrive with no issues.

They ship from different locations, so that could be the reason it takes a while!

Do they ship from China? have ordered a few things from there on ebay and always eventually got them a full month or so later....this order said 21 days which I guess has passed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Ive ordered a few bits off them before - it takes a while but everything eventually arrived in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

I've found them really good too, they have a UK warehouse so if you order from there it will come really quickly. They don't stock the whole range of items in the UK warehouse though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭ongarite

JoseJones wrote: »
    I've found them really good too, they have a UK warehouse so if you order from there it will come really quickly. They don't stock the whole range of items in the UK warehouse though.
    Same here, ordered something from them this week & its shipped out already from their UK warehouse.

Ordered a few custom flashlights from the budgetlightforum with them (primarily because they are the only ones selling them). Everything seemed to get dispatched OK. You get a pic of your packet before it's sent off and I could clearly see my name.

Whether the stuff ever arrives is another question though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

They do not have a UK warehouse. At all.

Pure lies, if there's an issue you have to ship it back to China. Awful company y, awful customer service. Their prices are lower, but you get what you pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,744 ✭✭✭degsie

Beware of the...

1sh_IFS_rev_1930.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Briain O Loinsigh

It took over three months for my last order to arrive ,couldn't track it either with the number they gave.
    Wouldn't spend much on their site ,wouldn't expect much either :o

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

RossieMan wrote: »

Pure lies, if there's an issue you have to ship it back to China. Awful company y, awful customer service. Their prices are lower, but you get what you pay for.

I've had stuff delivered 2 days after my order. That's hardly coming from China.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭evostik

I've ordered loads of gear from GB. Only one item didn't arrive and they reshipped a replacement straight away.

That said, they declare 50% of the cost on the package so you're guaranteed to get caught for customs if you order anything over €44.

Have a look on Google.

They do not have an EU warehouse. They may have stock in England with some lad in a house, but you can't send anything back there. Fairly pointless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Have ordered close to 20 times off them over the last few years, and all orders arrived fine. Generally I expect to wait "at least" 4 weeks, sometimes it can take a week or 2 longer, so would never order something I might need in a few weeks :rolleyes:

Torches, cables, "gadgets", for me they have been fine for the likes of that, but after a bit of hassle with a phone I will never buy the more expensive goods they offer, not worth the extra hassle (and of course Customs taking their slice too) :(

An ideal website to help you fill a drawer at home :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

evostik wrote: »
    I've ordered loads of gear from GB. Only one item didn't arrive and they reshipped a replacement straight away.

That said, they declare 50% of the cost on the package so you're guaranteed to get caught for customs if you order anything over €44.

Well that's not me, only spent a fiver on a BL-5B battery and charger that's why I'm not fussed on chasing it up......was more a punt in old money, not a bad little earner for them if a 100 people have the same mindset :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

I've had bad experiences with this site so I tend to use either Ali Express or Tiny Deal, all those sites run the same customs risk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

RossieMan wrote: »

They definitely have a set up in the UK. It seems to be some kind of reshipping business afaik.
    I've ordered and received a fair amount of stuff from them but the thing I don't like is the amount of time they take "handling" the products.
    I presume they either don't have the item in stock or they're up to something with the money.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Ordered plenty over the past few years, phones to Star Wars gear, no issues

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

I've used them. Everything is shipped to the UK first then onto the customer. They may hold some stock in the UK. It's certainly not an EU or UK warehouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

sonofenoch wrote: »

Normally around a month on standard shipping from China, plus that was ordered during their New Year celebrations so that may have delayed it a bit longer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement