Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car paint chipping

Options
  • 20-03-2016 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Just looking for some advice for some shipping on paintwork...what car be done ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

That's not quite chipping and more a pretty severe case of lacquer peel! Depending on how long it has been happening (quite a while judging by the pictures) you'll need to get the sides of the car fully resprayed to sort that out. Won't be cheap unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

For peel like that nothing can be done. A full respray is the only option.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

If it's an old car, doing nothing might be the best option or if you want to visually improve it maybe sourcing a same color door at the breakers would be best.

There is no quick fix for laquer peel but it will do no real harm, apart from making the paintwork look terrible and ageing the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Neilw

Is it a toyota avensis?

As mentioned the only way to fix it is to respray it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Neilw wrote: »
    Is it a toyota avensis?

It's not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Neilw wrote: »
    Is it a toyota avensis?

Wasn't there a recall after a load of people set up a Facebook page complaining about lacquer peeling off there red Toyotas

They looked like same red as this aswell if my memory serves me right .

Edit... Sorry I see isnt a Toyota . but red looks same if that makes sense .

Advertisement