Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's my sunset?

Options
  • 19-03-2016 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭

I was trying to take a photo of the sunset last night. beautiful pinky-red colour, but a little misty/hazy. The camera couldn't see the red, just got a barely noticeable washed-out yellow sun.
    Any thing I can try? Its not a great camera, a digital Kodak C140.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

The camera always wants a normal exposure. A sunset should be darker than a normal exposure.

So, you need to read the manual, and set the camera to under expose the scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭killym

Paulw wrote: »
    The camera always wants a normal exposure. A sunset should be darker than a normal exposure.

So, you need to read the manual, and set the camera to under expose the scene.

1.Shoot raw
    2.Underexpose or use graduaded filter
    3.Post process in software to get out what You want.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

killym wrote: »
    1.Shoot raw
    2.Underexpose or use graduaded filter
    3.Post process in software to get out what You want.

It is a compact camera without RAW capture. From what I can see it does not have anything other than Auto mode. Fairly much a Point & Shoot.

I am afraid it's probably a case of the capabilities of the camera are beyond what you want to capture.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Thanks for your input. It is indeed a fairly basic camera, but it does have some exposure control. I'll have to give that a try next time there's a nice sunset.

Advertisement