Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attach Bolero to Top!

Options
  • 19-03-2016 4:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭

Have a Sleeve-less Top with straps that I want to attach a Bolero to! Any ways or means I can do this temporarily just for 1 night kind-of-thing that won't damage the top. You would imagine that a strap-Top with no Sleeves would work well and be an ideal fit with a Bolero over it and I know the 2 would work perfect together. Only, the Arm-pit holes in the Top are quite big and spacious, and even with the bolero on, there's a whole lotta skin and side-Arm-pit lol bulging out of Arm-holes lol!

So I'm looking for some means, to, I dunno, hook the Bolero to the Top, perhaps on the underside of my underarm, so that it looks all-together conjoined! But I don't want to damage the Top, as I might wear it again on its own, so that rules out sewing like! So I need something temporary, quick, fast, n' easy, that can be removed again! Is there any hooks or stuff that can be got to do something like this?!? Or Velcro strips that can be stuck on? In my mind I'm thinking something like Curtain-Hook Clips?!? How does Velcro work?!? I guess I could use Safety-pins but I'd be afraid Safety-pins would tear and rip the clothes. Can anyone think of any suggestions and ideas for me?!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

Can you put up a picture of clothes. You might be better bringing it to a dressmaker and explaining what you want to do. They will tell if it can be done without damaging fabric.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

If I understood your description correctly, the top arm opening goes lower than bolero sides. So while the shoulders and arms are covered there is the gap around armpits and at the side of the boobs? I can't see it working with that bolero. Can't you wear a blazer or cardigan with the top?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,163 ✭✭✭✭looksee

If you stick Velcro on you will damage the fabric. Pins would look terrible. A few stitches would be the most suitable and can be carefully unpicked without doing damage. Cant quite understand why you can't just wear the bolero?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭robin3

Don't know if you got sorted but I think canopi sleeves are just what you're looking for
    Dont have a link but just google them

Advertisement