Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landscaping Garden

Options
  • 18-03-2016 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi, has anybody on here any experience of a landscaper in the north Cork area. I have a garden approx 50sqM. I have tried in vain for 6 years to tend to it but I am fighting a loosing battle (Builder a fcuking degenerate backfilled with ceramic pipe amongst other crap). I wanted to get half of the area hard-scaped and new turf in the other half. If anybody has any ideas that would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭macraignil

I found the role out grass turf from Kmc lawn turf near Kinsale good to deal with before. I just collected the area I needed in roles from a field and it worked out to give a nice lawn very quickly. It did not take me long to prepare the ground but the garden you describe might have worse soil.

Not sure who to recommend for the hard-scaping but I remember there were a number of fliers in the show room of O'Connell stone which sells paving etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I'd add a few trees as well. Grass + concrete might as well be an industrial estate, and you'll need to maintain both. A lawn is the highest maintenance thing you can ever put into a garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Shane12

Thanks for the replies, Going to look around. Think the roll out grass can be hit and miss the soil underneath needs to be spot on for the grass to take.

Advertisement