Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do with kids

Options
  • 18-03-2016 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi, we have moved to Dunshaughlin in the last 3 months. We have a 22 month old and a 14 week old. What are the best family things to do with in a 30/40 min radius?

Ed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

Tayto park wouldn't be far. There's the Zoo also.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭maik3n

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭hoanymole

Thanks both that's really helpful. Especially the stuff in Dunshaughlin for my wife during the week (on maternity).

What about in the greater Meath area? What are good days out? Nice walks, places of interests etc

Thanks
    Ed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭bladespin

The battle of the boyne site is very good for a walk, the hill of Tara is pretty close too, Trim castle is nice (the kids loved the ducks).

Brilliant thank you. We went to Rathbeggan Lakes today (5 mins away) and it's like a hidden gem. So much to do for kids of all ages and loads of picnic/BBQ space.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Yeah, Rathbeggan lakes is really nice

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭cairdre

Hi

Try Balrath Woods - lovely for a family walk it is near Rathfeigh also Dalgan Park again great walks.

Good luck you have your hands full there.

That's brilliant, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭maik3n

Could always take a wander around Killeen Castle grounds. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

+1 for Balrath. It's our saving grace. We live close by which is great.

A stroll on Bettystown beach too, not too far away.

If you fancy a bite to eat or lunch out, maybe a visit to Newbarn Farm. Our kids love it and the grub is good too!

Tayto Park would be grand too. Especially as your children are young you won't get nabbed for the entry fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Maysa07

Hill of Tara is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Twigster

cairdre wrote: »
    Hi

Try Balrath Woods - lovely for a family walk it is near Rathfeigh also Dalgan Park again great walks.

Good luck you have your hands full there.

If you're going to Balrath woods, don't type it into google maps for directions, you'll end up in a housing estate in Kells. Not as much fun for the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

Twigster wrote: »
    If you're going to Balrath woods, don't type it into google maps for directions, you'll end up in a housing estate in Kells. Not as much fun for the kids.

Don't leave any valuables in the car either! It has a bad reputation for break ins. Never happened to me, but I've heard stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Laytown/Bettystown a 30 minutes drive from you. Not the greatest beaches on earth but the toddler will love the novelty.

While you're out that way Adrgillan Castle outside Balbriggan (North Dublin but almost in Meath :-)) is a hidden gem also. Great grounds and a fabulous free kids play ground overlooking the sea. ITs one of the best kept secrets around.

Thanks everyone. Really helpful! :)

Went to Balrath Woods this morning. It was beautiful, thanks. Even the wife liked it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Roger50

Hi there, this is a bit off topic but since you seem to know the area well, could you tell me if you know anything about the Estates around the village? I think one of them is called supple park. A friend of mine is thinking of moving to dunshaughlin with his family and I'm just trying to see what the best areas near to the village are(perhaps they're all lovely but just looking for an opinion)
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

The Phoenix Park for the deer. Don't feed 'em. :)

Advertisement