Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying Japanese imports?

Options
  • 18-03-2016 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Any drawbacks in buying a japanese import? I am looking for a honda civic/ insights and the best quotes i am getting are all Japanese imports.

Only drawback i have been told is around their sat nav system which is in japanese language and apparantly there is no way to convert to english and load EU maps???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,124 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They tend to have a higher loading with insurance companies than EU domestic models. Some parts are different and be harder to source.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

A higher insurance loading if they will even quote you. Most won't.

I have an jap import and when I do the annual ring round I now start with telling them its a jap. it saves a lot of pointless conversations.....

• Registered Users Posts: 36 maulikdesai1

Thanks. Will be ringing around insurance companies now to get a quote.

Can the sat nav be modified to show Ireland/UK maps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

I'm afraid mine is an older lady. No sat nav. So I cant help.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Pascal101

for insurance i used campion insurance 057 866 5083 best quote was zurich

britton 2010 up cars
    aviva
    liberty
    let me know if you find others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

No,some forums say it's possible, but I have a 2010 insight, jap import, just took it out,and put in a normal radio/CD,good eco car,FYI,I'm with liberty insurance

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭little man disorder

Yeah its very hard to get insured on Jap imports even if you own them along time and currently have it insured.
    I do the annual ring around too, this year I expanded that a lot and found it very difficult even if it's a standard Jap import not modified in anyway...

check out my findings and if you have an insurance company who will let me know please...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=99137445#post99137445

Advertisement