Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin - Belfast in 96 minutes!

Options
  • 17-03-2016 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭

Just shredding more archives and I came across these - I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Image%2B%25282%2529.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,290 ✭✭✭✭Victor

What rolling stock was used for Enterprise before the De Dietrichs?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Victor wrote: »
    What rolling stock was used for Enterprise before the De Dietrichs?

mark 2 b's i think, hauled by 071/111? 201's may have hauled once they came into service.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭tabbey

NIR got their first Mk2 s in 1970, with further batches, some secondhand over the following two decades.

They used Hunslet 101 class locos from 1970 until about 1980, then 111, 112, 113 after that. For about two years they ran 208 & 209 in an overall blue livery, the best looking locos ever perhaps, before the De Dietrich coaches arrived, when they got the Enterprise livery.

CIE / IR used various locos over the decades, since dieselisation. During the troubles, when 008, 146 and other locos were destroyed by terrorists, CIE did not use Mk 2 or Mk3 coaches for fear of destruction, running older stock instead. I think they operated Mk2 to Belfasr after Mk3 took over the other main line trains.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭tabbey

Usually on rugby / GAA specials, also when the service was interrupted by mechanical failure or terror disruption.
    Before getting Mk2 and Hunslets, they used 70 class railcars from about 1967 to 1970, and ex GNR AEC railcars before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,105 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Just shredding more archives and I came across these - I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Image%2B%25282%2529.jpg

Cry. Loud and hard. While you are crying, think of a few dipsticks that may appear on this thread, spouting absolute ****e, because they haven't a feckin clue of how it was back then and fail to see what politicians did to bring us to a full DART line to Malahide.:D

I'm getting some popcorn in.:D

Advertisement