Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone have spare defective nexus 5?

Options
  • 17-03-2016 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hello all, I recently cracked my Nexus 5's screen and was looking on amazon for screens. Most of them have negative reviews so I'm trying to avoid them, with that said, does anyone have a defective/not working nexus 5 with intact screen? If so, could you hook me up? Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I don't have a defective one (luckily!) but I got a replacement rear cover for mine from this place https://www.replacebase.co.uk/nexus-5-parts/ which was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Alun wrote: »
    I don't have a defective one (luckily!) but I got a replacement rear cover for mine from this place https://www.replacebase.co.uk/nexus-5-parts/ which was fine.
    I got a replacement back for a Nexus 4 from them. It arrived functionally perfect but with cosmetic imperfections, sent them an email and a replacement was in the post immediately and I never had to send the first item back.

I got a replacement screen for a Nexus 4 from somebody on eBay with great reviews turned out to be a cheap knock off despite being advertised as genuine and through contact the guy sounded like a complete scammer so just wrote it off. Next time I'll be going to Replace Base for any of my spare part needs, I couldn't recommend them highly enough for their customer service!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

Hunt3R wrote: »
    Hello all, I recently cracked my Nexus 5's screen and was looking on amazon for screens. Most of them have negative reviews so I'm trying to avoid them, with that said, does anyone have a defective/not working nexus 5 with intact screen? If so, could you hook me up? Thanks.

I have a defective Nexus 5 32gb RED. In perfect condition cosmetically in box, but it wont boot up. It was used for about 4 months before it stopped working. Could sell it to you if you like?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Hunt3R

irishguy wrote: »
    I have a defective Nexus 5 32gb RED. In perfect condition cosmetically in box, but it wont boot up. It was used for about 4 months before it stopped working. Could sell it to you if you like?

sounds like a dud motherboard, how much are you selling it for?
    I have already ordered replacement parts from amazon so, i'd probably pick it up for experiments xD

Advertisement