Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your device is corrupt. It cannot be trusted..

Options
  • 17-03-2016 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭

Howdy - there was an Android update available on my Nexus 9 over the past few days which I set to install. However it is now just stuck at the starting screen (4 animated circles).

I've held down the power + vol down buttons and got to the boot screen. I've tried
    Fastboot - Reboot & Reboot Fastboot,
    Recovery (this just brings me to a screen with an Anroid icon and No Command text.
    both while plugged in and out of the pc/laptop, but still no change

Is the only option to choose factory reset from the boot screen?

The other options are Simlock, Image CRC, Show Barcode, RAM test, but these don't do anything

Note - my device is standard, not rooted

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Did you have Full Device Encryption enabled prior to the update?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

ED E wrote: »
    Did you have Full Device Encryption enabled prior to the update?

Don't know

Edit - tried the factory reset from the boot screen and still no success

Ok I found some potential help over on the Android N thread but I need a little more guidance. It led me to thread
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-9/help/failed-marshmallow-update-stock-android-t3226704
    I've been following all the steps however when I'm on step 12, and I copy the command into the Minimal ADB command prompt I get the following -
    "adb sideload FILENAME" is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable command program or batch file.

I had previously just copied the zip file into the Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder.

I'm confused as I have copied all the steps correctly..I thin

Anyone able to help...please?

Actually - ignore - something is happening now...fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

TheBazman wrote: »
    Actually - ignore - something is happening now...fingers crossed

Well don't keep us in suspense..

homer911 wrote: »
    Well don't keep us in suspense..

Yep that worked - the device started and now setting it up from scratch again. Delighted as I thought it was bricked.

• Advertisement
Advertisement