Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does your school have a start date for Aug/Sept 16?

Options
  • 17-03-2016 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭

Wondering if your academic year calendar is released for August/September 16 yet?
    If Yes, what date do you go back?
    Does that include CP day/days?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Word is we will be back on Aug 23/24th, not confirmed yet but it's apparently either one of those days. I am assuming it doesn't include a CP day as they are not included for next year if ASTI position remains unchanged, I am not positive on that though obviously. Seems rediculously early to me if either of those days are our return day, I def hope not !!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,188 ✭✭✭✭km79

solerina wrote: »
    Word is we will be back on Aug 23/24th, not confirmed yet but it's apparently either one of those days. I am assuming it doesn't include a CP day as they are not included for next year if ASTI position remains unchanged, I am not positive on that though obviously. Seems rediculously early to me if either of those days are our return day, I def hope not !!
    We finish very late this year and from recollection it was almost the start of September because of that .
    The above seems VERY early

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

We don't have a date yet either. We usually aren't told until May and it's the ETB CEO who decides.

Monday August 29th is the latest we can start so those starting earlier must be planning extra holidays during the year for holy days etc. I hope we're not back any earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I'm the same with ETB CEO Arlessienne. It annoys me though. The calendar can't change, these thing should/could be planned for 5 years in advance.

Really makes 2nd half of August a pita to plan for. We're trying to plan our hol at the mo. I actually don't care which date we're back, just want to know which date it is.

Flight prices are rising big time and it's not unreasonable to want to know the date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Oh I agree deiseindublin! These things should be sorted out well in advance - even more so when it's being done at ETB level and not subject to local arrangements. No good reason for leaving people in the dark for so long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭MacGyver007

Looking at the calendar and assuming that CP hours are (hopefully!) gone, Monday August 29 is the latest return date; any earlier and days are being "saved up" for during the coming year.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

We're back August 25th for a CP day then 1st years are in 26th.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

We're ETB and we decide our calendar (in accordance with std school yr).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

We are back on Wed 24th with CP hours on that day, students starting to come in on 25th and 26th and we will have 2 days to take during the year. I asked about CP hours at the meeting and if they were finishing this June and nobody knew what I was talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Thurs 25th if croke park hours are still a thing by then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Still no calendar for us! Really hope we get to push it out to Mon 29th (which will give us the exact number of school days).

Advertisement