Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interview with ComReg Commissioner Jeremy Godfrey

Options
  • 17-03-2016 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭

Decent interview by Adrian Weckler with Chairman of ComReg - Jeremy Godfrey; but there's a lot of kicking for touch.
    http://www.independent.ie/business/technology/mobile-broadband-and-eir-comreg-primed-to-make-some-collect-calls-34546799.html

On eir’s discriminatory practices.
    “it's sensible to take a look.”

On structural remedies to eir practices.
    “Those are all things we can look at once we have done the study.”

On credible mobile coverage measurement.
    “That's something we'll work out over the next few months.”

On whether 28.8 Kb/s amounts to a 'functional internet connection' as defined by ComReg
    ".. it's something that over the next few months we'll start a dialogue with the public and the industry about."

On the assignment of 700Mhz and 2.6Ghz bands.
    “These are all decision we have yet to make.”

On the copper switch-off.
    "we need to start thinking about how that transition might happen.”

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

So maybe finally we'll end up in the 20th century(<g>) and Functional Internet Access will (maybe possibly perhaps) be set at something useful for people in the 21st century...

I'd suggest that we use a similar designation as the FCC...

Frankly I'll believe it when I see it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭damienirel

This genius in comreg is collecting a handsome salary for doing SFA. Great little quango comreg turned out to be. What a joke.

Advertisement