Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Science Choice in UL

Options
  • 16-03-2016 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi Just wondering if anyone could help me.
    I am thinking about doing the Science Choice LM117 Course in UL this September as I would like to progress into their BioScience Course.

Does anyone have any information about the Module content of First Year in Science Choice?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

Hey there, I'm a first year Applied Physics student in UL and although I didn't come in through Science Choice, I know people who did so I have a bit of info for you!

Firstly, you may not actually get into your chosen course if it's oversubscribed (but this never actually happens, they just say it) and if it is, it's based on your grades. Don't worry about this, this isn't really a problem for Science choice and more so Engineering Choice.

On entry to the course, you can then enter any of the 16 courses and you must select what stream you wish to follow for your desired course, you choose this in the first 4 weeks! Given you want to do Bioscience, you choose Group 1!

I don't do a Biology/Health Science module and I never did, so I cannot help you with that.

As a whole, I love UL as a college. If you ever have trouble with certain modules, there's a Maths Learning Centre and a Science Learning Centre, free of charge, which essentially offer grinds almost always 1 to 1.

Advertisement