Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aviva stadium lift access

Options
  • 16-03-2016 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

Folks, the better half is expecting at the moment. We have tickets for the upper tier for the Scotland match Saturday and I'm just wondering if there is lift access to the upper tier and would there be any issue with getting to use it?

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,372 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

There are lifts at some entrances. Best best is to ring the IRFU and ask as you might need to enter via a different gate than what is on your ticket.

Alternatively you could just arrive really early and take your time going up the stairs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

There are various lifts around the stadium. I went to a match with my father who had recently had a knee replacement. One word with a steward and he directed us to the nearest lift. It was no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,973 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Contact the IRFU tomorrow and let them know what's the story with her. They should be able to facilitate you with a ticket swap to somewhere in the stadium that's easier for you to deal with :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

One of our group wasn't able to manage the stairs at one stage. There was no problem with him getting to use a lift when he notified a steward.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

I've worked in that stadium and Croke Park. The lifts in these stadiums are there to be used and I have regularly been in them with public people that were unable to use the stairs. There are two main lifts in Aviva on either side near the open areas that the bars and Elverys occupy. Look for a steward or if you see an open lift just ask the attendant, it won't be a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

As I said above, a friend of mine used the lift a few times when he was unable to manage the stairs, and there was no problem. The stewards were clear though that the other six able-bodied members of the party couldn't jump in with him, which was absolutely fair. This guy's problem was not obvious, so he always brought a stick. You'll be fine, OP. Hope you both enjoy the match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

For the future. Not all stiles have lifts.

There are procedures for say stile B (no lift).

You will be sent to the nearest stile that has lift access. Its not a problem.

Get there early though.. Lifts get busy and you may be waiting 20 mins on one!

Advertisement