Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming PC - Primarily Minecraft

Options
  • 16-03-2016 8:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hello all, my kids are looking to move from the xbox platform to PC for minecraft. based on a few posts i have read it seems better to build rather than purchase pre-built (considering future-proofing etc..)
    1. What is your budget? 700eur
    2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? - gaming - minecraft primarily with video capture
    3. Do you need a copy of Windows? (...can the x-box connect to the windows pc ?)
    4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? no
    5. Do you need a monitor? yes
    6. Do you need any of the peripherals? keyboard and mouse, camera and headset
    7. Are you willing to try overclocking?yes but don't think i need to ?
    8. How can you pay?Credit Card/Paypal
    9. When are you purchasing?In the next few weeks.

appreciate any comments ?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Pentium €70
    H110 board €60
    8gb RAM €40
    240gb SSD €65
    Case €50
    300w PSU €50
    Total €335

I don't think there's need in going any higher spec than this, will post links later

• Registered Users Posts: 64,901 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Plus windows plus monitor, so about €500 all in will do

Or buy one second hand more than capable of Minecraft for half that or less...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Forgot the rest of the stuff, about 500 total yeah.

Unkel is right about a second hand one, for €350 its grand because that's a fast PC, but there's no need in spending €500 on a minecraft PC IMO, any reasonable PC on adverts will do fine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Can onboard graphics handle video capture decently? Might be worth slapping a NVidia 750TI on that just to be safe. Have a look on amazon.co.uk for the peripherals, mouse, keyboard (literally anything will do, so maybe even have a look in charity shops) a headset like the http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00EZCU5PY/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_3?pf_rd_p=569136327&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00CJ5FPUE&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=0MSCVBH5A30W6KFEH46S

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭tadcan

The 750TI would bring you over the recommended specs, instead of meeting the minimum. From what I've heard the game runs well on newer integrated graphics. Have a look at my thread with similar spec, it could be useful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

The PC can always be upgraded down the line if needs be, as once you play on PC, it's hard to go back to consoles in a value point of view.

Advertisement