Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dubai Job Hunt

Options
  • 15-03-2016 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I am looking to make a move to Dubai and am hoping for some advice on hunting for/securing a job.

Just to give some back ground. I have a PhD in Physics (bio-sensor development) and I am currently working as a university lecturer (not permanent in case you are wondering why I would leave). Ideally I would like to obtain a position in Industry (biomedical....or anything science/life science) but would also be open to another lecturing position (I am a bit wary of how a teaching only position in UAE would impact on any job applications when trying to return to Ireland). I have spent some time scrolling through various job search engines online to no avail.

Is there anyone who has (or hasn't) secured a science based industry position with any advice? Am I wasting my time with my lack of industry experience?

Any advice on peoples experience of 3rd level teaching in UAE is also welcome.

Thanks for reading.

Advertisement