Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B&Q lawnmower stops after few minutes

Options
  • 15-03-2016 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

i have B&Q brand lawnmower, one of the cheap ones with plastic body, it's about 4 years old. It has reveed up and down for about the 2 years but working ok, I'll admit I haven't been looking after it as well as I should have. But I brought it out for the first cut of the year and after about 20 minutes it stopped. It started again but died again after 5 minutes. Each time I started it, it would last a shorter time.

I checked the air filter and fine, I changed the oil, I took out the exhaust to make sure it was not blocked, I took apart the carburetor(I think) and made sure it was clean.

I tried again and ran for a bit longer again but eventually died. I ran without the fuel cap and without the air filter and still died.
    It sounds like it's running out of petrol but I've checked as much as I could and looks like all is clear.
    Any ideas?
    If not I'll take to repair shop, will they even touch a B&Q mower and if so what do they charge?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Slasher

"If not I'll take to repair shop, will they even touch a B&Q mower and if so what do they charge?"

Of course they'll touch it.

I know of one lawnmower repair place that charges €30 for a basic service, which might be enough for your machine.

Advertisement