Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video editing laptop with gaming capabilities

Options
  • 15-03-2016 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi I need some advice,
    I have had the same cheap HP pavilion laptop for the last 5-6 years (bought for €300). It suited my needs perfectly as all i did was browse the internet and download the occasional film/TV show.
    Now i have gone back to college and i will need going forward a laptop that can handle some video editing (I haven't really done much of this yet so i don't know anything of what be needed spec-wise but i plan on doing a lot more), the same browsing/streaming habits as before (Just FB/youtube/netflix etc with some torrent downloads) and (optionally) would allow me to play some modern pc games (very casually I'm not picky on massive performance).
    I don't really have a fixed budget but i would like to keep it as low as possible obviously. I'd say I could stretch to €1200+ if it was a good setup that would last a few years. The cheaper it is the sooner i can get it as i will have to save for it (I have about €600-€700 to hand right now.) I would prefer to not be spending too much as I am but a poor student and I'm not even 100% sure what i wan't/need so i could see me buying another in a year or 2 once I'm more aware of what I actually need. This laptop will have to do me for about 3-4 years. I did consider a desktop PC but it simply doesn't suit my lifestyle.
    I would love some recommendations on the minimum specs i should be looking at, brands/places to purchase and a general price range I should be aiming for.

tl;dr: I need a laptop that can edit video and play some games for the best value possible.

Advertisement