Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SABB not sounding.

Options
  • 15-03-2016 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

I have replaced an old HKC system with a new 1070 panel.

I have wired up the panel to SABB as per the wiring diagram, resistor in correct place.

The external bell does not sound during alarm or bell test. I have tried wiring the external bell in to the strobe and strobe in with the internal bell as was the case with the old panel.

The bell does sound when the tamper is activated when removing the cover. But nothing during other conditions.

Can anyone suggest what could be causing these issues?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Can you post up what way the bell is wired?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭jazzermurphy

KoolKid wrote: »
    Can you post up what way the bell is wired?

Hi KoolKid, thanks for replying.

http://i.imgur.com/mikrnyf.jpg

It's wired as is in the picture. I have it wired into the corresponding terminals in the panel.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

And when you close the lid are you getting the flashing LEDS?
    At the panel if you connect green to aux - does the siren sound?
    If you connect black to aux - does the strobe flash?

And when you close the lid are you getting the flashing LEDS?
    At the panel if you connect green to aux - does the siren sound?
    If you connect black to aux - does the strobe flash?

The leds are flashing. And the strobes works with the bell test.and worked by connecting to the aux

I tried putting the green into aux and nothing. I removed the white by accident by itself there and the bell sounded outside

Can you try switching the strobe - & bell - at the bell and the panel?

• Advertisement

Can you try switching the strobe - & bell - at the bell and the panel?

Can't get up to the bell tonight but I will try that. Do you think something has happened to the cable possibly?

It will either confirm or eliminate a problem with the cable.
    Its like the bell just isn't getting the trigger?
    Do you have a multi meter?

It will either confirm or eliminate a problem with the cable.
    Its like the bell just isn't getting the trigger?
    Do you have a multi meter?

Yeah it seems that way. That's why I tried switching the strobe and bell before as the strobe was working

I do have a multi meter

Then connect the bell negative to aux - in the panel and check the voltage across bell +&bell -

Then connect the bell negative to aux - in the panel and check the voltage across bell +&bell -

KoolKid. Only got back to the panel today.
    I put the bell negative to aux beg and tested the voltage across the bell+&- . I only have a fluke tester (standard electrician one)

The voltage present was 13v but steadily dropped dobe to 1v when the probes were on it

• Advertisement

Just to make sure it was clear that the external sabb was the oiginal one I did not replace it just re connected the wires

Disconnect the bell + & - and measure the voltage in standby & with the bell activated.

Disconnect the bell + & - and measure the voltage in standby & with the bell activated.

I will try get back to it this evening. What voltages should I be seeing?

Around 13 dc when the bell is triggered.

Around 13 dc when the bell is triggered.

Thanks. If there isn't am I looking at a faulty panel?

If you are not getting the voltage at the panel with no bell connected then it's probably the panel.

Advertisement