Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social media and JNLR

Options
  • 15-03-2016 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if there's any evidence that a radio station's use of facebook, twitter and snapchat etc has been proven to have any positive effect on a radio stations listenership ? We hear of videos and posts going 'viral' all the time, and alot of stations even have dedicated social media managers now but out of curiosity where is the proof it gains new listeners and grows a station's listener numbers? Or is the current obsession with social media by stations simply a case of keeping up with the Jones's ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,401 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Other than an increase in brand awareness I'd find it hard to believe it leads to a significant increase in listenership.

I would love some figures too though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

callaway92 wrote: »
    Other than an increase in brand awareness I'd find it hard to believe it leads to a significant increase in listenership.

I would love some figures too though.

Due to the recall book system the JNLR use, station and presenter names being remembered will inevitable lead to a false increase in "listening" figures as people will remember the name when prompted.

Advertisement