Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Marshmallow on an S6

Options
  • 15-03-2016 12:13pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hi there, looking for some help with my Android S6. It updated to Marshmallow yesterday and it seems some of the functionality has changed.

Just for reference Im not a heavy Android user, the S6 is my work phone. My personal phone is an iphone, so Im not so savvy with Android.

how do I change the colour scheme of Marshmallow? (When I pull down the notifications menu the new colouring is not pretty)

There doesnt seem to be any more live wallpapers as default that will work on the lock screen. Is there a way of getting the old ones back, like the Tripadvisor one which I loved or something similar? (I prefer live wallpapers on my lock screen but not my home screen)

Gmail notifications dont seem to coming in ok. Its like the app only refreshes when I open it. Ive uninstalled my google account and reinstalled it etc but it hasnt made a difference.

Any help greatly appreciated! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

faceman wrote: »
    Hi there, looking for some help with my Android S6. It updated to Marshmallow yesterday and it seems some of the functionality has changed.

Just for reference Im not a heavy Android user, the S6 is my work phone. My personal phone is an iphone, so Im not so savvy with Android.

how do I change the colour scheme of Marshmallow? (When I pull down the notifications menu the new colouring is not pretty)

There doesnt seem to be any more live wallpapers as default that will work on the lock screen. Is there a way of getting the old ones back, like the Tripadvisor one which I loved or something similar? (I prefer live wallpapers on my lock screen but not my home screen)

Gmail notifications dont seem to coming in ok. Its like the app only refreshes when I open it. Ive uninstalled my google account and reinstalled it etc but it hasnt made a difference.

Any help greatly appreciated! :)

For Gmail check Accounts> Google> make sure Gmail is set to sync. Also in Accounts click the 3 dots on the top right and make sure auto sync is enabled.

The rest I can't answer as it's related to changes in Samsung touchwiz, not marshmallow. This might help
    http://9to5google.com/2015/11/17/touchwiz-samsung-android-marshmallow/

Advertisement