Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constant Bleeping

Options
  • 15-03-2016 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭

Driving me mad this last few days, my 1+1 will bleep like a notification coming in, but nothing is showing. It only happens when I'm using the phone but it could bleep once ever minute or two, sometimes much more.
    I went into notification settings and started blocking things one by one. I've now everything blocked and still the Bleeping.
    How can I find out what app is making it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,745 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Did you try rebooting the phone ?

You may have an app set to alert via sound but have turned off notifications and light alerts.

Whatsapp for example ?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

Have a look in your settings, call alerts. It may be you have minute minder turned on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

listermint wrote: »
    Did you try rebooting the phone ?

You may have an app set to alert via sound but have turned off notifications and light alerts.

Whatsapp for example ?

Crap, so turning off notifications doesn't stop sound alerts.
    Yeah rebooted a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

See if it's your bank cards setting off the nfc detection, turn off nfc I think in settings - wireless networks - more - nfc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭DopeTech

sentient_6 wrote: »
    See if it's your bank cards setting off the nfc detection, turn off nfc I think in settings - wireless networks - more - nfc.

That tricked me the first time I heard it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

You can see your notification history very easily with a settings widget. Add a settings widget to your home screen, then click it and select notifications log then the next time you get one of these notifications click the shortcut to see the last notification

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

sentient_6 wrote: »

I think that might be it, can't believe it was something so stupid as that, it started when I got a phone cover that holds my cards. Never associated it. Thanks for that

Advertisement