Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming Levels Explained

Options
  • 15-03-2016 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Hi all

I have a daughter starting swimming lessons in the NAC in a few weeks time and she's (rightly so!) starting at Level 1 (complete beginners).

Does anyone have a link / details as to what each level actually entails, i.e. what's covered off in each level and what she should be able to do before she moves on to the next level?

I've tried Googling it but can't get the details of what I want.

Many thanks

Rook

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭RuckingSwimmer

The Rook wrote: »
    Hi all

I have a daughter starting swimming lessons in the NAC in a few weeks time and she's (rightly so!) starting at Level 1 (complete beginners).

Does anyone have a link / details as to what each level actually entails, i.e. what's covered off in each level and what she should be able to do before she moves on to the next level?

I've tried Googling it but can't get the details of what I want.

Many thanks

Rook

As far as I know the NAC run the Swim Ireland Child Learn to Swim programme. If so, you can find a very brief outline as to what's covered in each level on page 3 of the flyer at http://www.swimireland.ie/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2013/01/Child-Learn-to-Swim-flyer.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭The Rook

That's great, thanks a million!

Rook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

My son is a platypus , going on penguin - whatever that means?! Level 5 now.

Advertisement