Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 Aiste (HL)

Options
  • 14-03-2016 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

what do people think this years aistes will be??
    last year's were pretty broad and sounded lovely if you were prepared...!
    would past titles repeat??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

I'd be inclined to think Refugees will come up. It came up in 2005 and I think with the recent crisis, it's likely to reappear.

It's thought that Seandaoine might come up too. Hasn't been up since 2011 and it used to come up a bit before.

An essay on 1916 is likely to come up too (
    came up on both pre papers
    ).

Although, predictions are just predictions and you're better off learning as much vocabulary and phrases for as many different topics as you can! Learning off phrases that can be thrown into any opening/closing is always helpful too!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Leavingcert16

My teacher seems to think homeless people, old people, immigrants, terrorism,health system or something to do with 1916- 100 years on/ was it worth it could come up.

I say the best thing to do though is learn phrases that you could adapt and a basic structure you could follow for whatever essay that does come up.
    My teacher said as well to learn the opening and closing and a few general phrases for the debate just in case the essay title comes up in that part.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Katelynoshea

I'd strongly lean towards a 1916 essay, what does it mean to be Irish and are we proud of it or was it worth the blood loss, terrorism and global warming with the floods and all atm!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 swallace3454

Anyone got sample essays for sport?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Badgerrr7

Stad na tire has to come! HAS TO. The only essay I've learnt. Been up since half 5 this morning and all I've studied is Geography. Any tips on geography exam??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Badgerrr7 wrote: »
    Stad na tire has to come! HAS TO. The only essay I've learnt. Been up since half 5 this morning and all I've studied is Geography. Any tips on geography exam??

Well the only tip you'll need is that Geography was yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Leavingcert16

Could the problem of homelessness come up

• Registered Users Posts: 5 eviejean22

I know essays on daoine óga, coiriúlacht+/foréigean, 1916, staid na Gaeilge/todhchaí na gaeilge and I have a general essay on problems in ireland/rudaí a chuireann déistin orm, should I learn something else or should I be okay with these?

Advertisement