Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

marketing and digital media

Options
  • 14-03-2016 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Anybody have experience with this course or know anybody doing it? Whats it like

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

Thinking of applying to do the 4 year course in marketing and digital media as a mature student.

Just wondering could anybody give me a general info outline on the course? Time demands, hours, difficulty of course content.

Also what is the parking facilities like for students?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

dobbs2210 wrote: »
    Thinking of applying to do the 4 year course in marketing and digital media as a mature student.

Just wondering could anybody give me a general info outline on the course? Time demands, hours, difficulty of course content.

Also what is the parking facilities like for students?

The course is strong and the lecturers are strong.

Hours lecture-wise are fine - Avg. about 20 a week. A lot of modules are continuous assessment though so you will have a lot of out-of-class work to do (team and individual assignments).

There were a few mature students in the course with me and they all graduated without any issues. Realistically there's no excuse NOT getting your degree from the course but if you want your 1.1 a lot of good quality work is needed.

I can't speak for other courses but I'd find it hard to believe there are sounder lecturers anyway in other departments. There's a mandatory work placement in 4th year too which actually earned me my job post-graduation too.

Go for it in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

callaway92 wrote: »
    The course is strong and the lecturers are strong.

Hours lecture-wise are fine - Avg. about 20 a week. A lot of modules are continuous assessment though so you will have a lot of out-of-class work to do (team and individual assignments).

There were a few mature students in the course with me and they all graduated without any issues. Realistically there's no excuse NOT getting your degree from the course but if you want your 1.1 a lot of good quality work is needed.

I can't speak for other courses but I'd find it hard to believe there are sounder lecturers anyway in other departments. There's a mandatory work placement in 4th year too which actually earned me my job post-graduation too.

Go for it in my opinion.

Yeah thinking of doing it. Think I would like it.
    Where are you working after graduating?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

dobbs2210 wrote: »
    Yeah thinking of doing it. Think I would like it.
    Where are you working after graduating?

Northern Trust

However there are others working in some very nice advertising jobs with top firms in Ireland and others with very nice jobs in recent start-ups.

Advertisement