Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't expect a tow from the AA if you have a "big" camper - greater than 5.5.

Options
  • 14-03-2016 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭

No kidding. I needed a tow as I've lost a belt due to a seized alternator, so no water pump.
    I was told 5.99m is a big motorhome, too big for the AA.
    After being bumped to a supervisor, and threatening to use my ADAC coverage [upto 7.5t and 10m], I was able to get a once off favour to tow to a garage 3km away.
    They would have liked me to call ADAC as they would have paid the AA for the heavier service.
    You can read between the lines here... .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

Yep I knew that I contacted the AA a few years back and was hold they had a weight limited , but why would you have both ?

While I never had the need to be towed I have called ADAC while away,they were able to recommend a garage near me and they were expecting me when I arrived , an excellent service

Advertisement