Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Landcruiser starter problem

Options
  • 14-03-2016 5:25pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm leaving my jeep in tomorrow to get a few things sorted. One problem is sometimes when I turn the key nothing happens so I wait a minute and try again and it usually turns over on the second attempt. How likely is it that I need a new starter and how much would this cost roughly? Just trying to get an idea of how much it's going to cost me tomorrow.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I did mine myself many years ago, I think it was about 180 for a recon unit from Toyota.
    Yours is likely just the solenoid and there is a crowd in Mayo called Gold_lion electronics who sell repair kits for them.
    try ebay.ie and see if they can sort you out.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Thanks for the reply. I wouldn't have a clue if I was ordering the right thing or not :o.

I'll leave it to the mechanic to sort out but just wanted a general idea. He is usually quite good at sourcing parts from what I hear. Usually my brother does this stuff but he's not in the country for the next two months and I don't want to wait that long in case I end up stuck in the house with no transport.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

€90 the man charged me for doing the solenoid. Up and running again now.

Advertisement