Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime

Options
  • 14-03-2016 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Just wondering if anyone has this phone and could give me their views. I presently have a Samsung S3 which is almost three years old and battery is on its last legs. I am looking at replacing the phone but whereas when i bought the S3 it was about €500, i really can't justify spending anywhere near that now both for how i use a phone and because i do not want to have to get into another two year contract to pay for it.
    Basically i use it daily for calls and texts. Less frequently for viber, messenger, whatsapp, camera, facebook. I very occasionally use it with google chromecast to cast tv programmes/movies from internet to a tv and although i don't use this much i do want the ability (for example on holiday abroad). I would also infrequently go on internet. But as i have a laptop and tablet at home and a computer at work, a lot of internet/facebook/outlook, etc use would be done on those rather than the phone.
    Can anyone who has the Galaxy Grand Prime let me know how they find it or can anybody recommend a not too expensive (circa €150) decent phone that will allow chromecast app (windows lumia is not compatible).
    Thanks in advance
    bmd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

Any Android phone will work with Chromecast.
    Moto G by Motorola is about that price too I think and is a recommended budget Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 bmd1000

Thanks Keith186, i will have a look at the Moto G

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 diy.i.do

I had one, extremely laggy...very low memory on device, even with moving apps to a card, it limits the device. It was the worst Galaxy ever...imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭biebiebie

diy.i.do wrote: »
    I had one, extremely laggy...very low memory on device, even with moving apps to a card, it limits the device. It was the worst Galaxy ever...imo

Wow just looked there and this phone has a measly 1GB of RAM. That's really woeful...probably best to steer clear of this one OP, best going for something with 2GB at an absolute bare minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 bmd1000

Thanks diy.i.do and biebiebie. For the moment i have replaced the battery in the S3. This seems to have improved things although it does still take quite a while to fill to 100%. I will see how i go with the new battery for the moment, but at least i know if the new battery doesn't work out not to go near the galaxy grand prime! Thanks again :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement