Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help needed with MK4 Golf central locking

Options
  • 13-03-2016 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi All,

i have a mk4 golf, not had it long, i recently noticed that the passenger door locks only sometimes when you lock the car,

If you try to lock it, it goes down and straight up again, i when around opening the doors and shutting them, but still nothing. But sometimes it will lock, everything is fine with the other doors.

Like for example i locked it the other day, all day grand locking, the next 2 days when i attempted to lock it just kept opening again.

WTF like, any help appreciated asi have to leave the door unlocked if it doesn't lock + its stopping my alarm i fitted from locking witch is a pain

Thanks

Ps the passenger window a few weeks ago dropped down and this is the same door that hs the problem, my problem is that i cant remember if it locked fine before or not

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Best thing you can do is scan the car for any stored fault codes.

That will be a start on how to go about fixing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 vwgolf2000

hi would the scan come up with anything like that do you think ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭crasy dash

I'm.no expert on cars but I know my a4 logged faults before the came up on the dash.

My mechanic was able to show me the times and date mileage etc .

My friend 3weeks ago both passenger doors locked shut and wouldn't release the key from dash.

30min scan with his mechanic and showed a module gone bad in behind the dash.

Theres a couple of regular posters on here who are a1 with vag cars.
    Georgedalton would tell you straight away i would be certain.

Sorry I can't help you any further hope its cheap to get fixed let us know how you get on.

no that is a 100% perfect as you suggested scanning, i searched for one and you can buy them to search for anything including central locking,

so thanks for you help

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭9935452

vwgolf2000 wrote: »
    no that is a 100% perfect as you suggested scanning, i searched for one and you can buy them to search for anything including central locking,

so thanks for you help

Regarding scanning , it could be better to bring it to a garage with an expensive scanner as the cheaper ones tend not to pick up all the codes generated.

Regarding the central locking , the actuators in the doors are known to give trouble on them and stick . id reckon this is the problem.
    One other thing is , is the door fully closed, if i had the door of my golf open and tried the central locking it would try to lock the door but it would pop up again.

Out of curiosity is the passenger side carpet wet by any chance, any problems with electric windows.electric door mirrors??

• Advertisement

thanks i think il wait and see tomorrow what a % of people think

nope i haven't noticed any wetness or anything,,

the window kinda makes rubbing noise when it goes up and down but that could be just cus iv not it in right, but yeh the window and the mirror works find and the door opening light don the bottom,

this might be nothing but the light down the bottom of the drivers door is barely lighting, and never goes of + when driving down the road the interior lights flicker on and off, sometimes they would stay on for a while and go off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭9935452

vwgolf2000 wrote: »
    thanks i think il wait and see tomorrow what a % of people think

nope i haven't noticed any wetness or anything,,

the window kinda makes rubbing noise when it goes up and down but that could be just cus iv not it in right, but yeh the window and the mirror works find and the door opening light don the bottom,

this might be nothing but the light down the bottom of the drivers door is barely lighting, and never goes of + when driving down the road the interior lights flicker on and off, sometimes they would stay on for a while and go off

its good there is no wetness and the windows and mirrors work as they should, there is a control module under the carpet for this and the central locking and moisture can get into it causing trouble with everything.

The lights coming on and flickering would indicate to me that a door isnt fully closed

Advertisement