Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

noob question about 4OD app on android

Options
  • 13-03-2016 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

i have the 4OD app on my tablet and used it to download a programme. i think i only have a couple of weeks to view it though before its gone. can i go to the location of the downloaded file and copy it to my pc and watch it whenever i want then?

i know nothing about android. i read somewhere that it keeps the files in /var/mobile/applications/4od/documents/4oddownloads. i can't seem to be able to navigate to this folder like i would on linux or a windows computer. is that what they mean by rooting a device?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

es file explorer will allow you to navigate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Unfortunately no, because the video file that is stored locally on your tablet will almost certainly be encrypted with some form of DRM (Digital Rights Management) that will only allow it to work in the 4OD app on your device and only until that expiry date arrives.

Oh and by the way, this isn't something that will be changed by rooting the tablet. All that would do is allow you to access and modify write protected parts of the file system. The downloaded video would still be encrypted.

Advertisement