Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Another, how much is my car worth?

Options
  • 13-03-2016 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

I have a 2006 Mondeo ST TDCI 2.2l, looking to shift it reasonably quickly, as in next 2 weeks or so as I have already bought new van, excellent condition inside and out, new tyres last week, taxed till end of May, NCT till Dec 2017, tax is (unfortunately for most who are interested in it) €951. How much should I advertise it for? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,211 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'd say put up for about €3k and take €2500 if you go by what's up on Donedeal at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Before I bought my current car I was looking in to these ones too.

it is St and lovely spec usually, but high tax put me off specially when it's only 150hp amd 320d or alfa gt/159 can do it with 2.0 tax bracket. SP I guess you will have same issue selling it.

If I would buy it, I would look one for around 2500 max with higher tax in mind m8. Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

post a pic on here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

Despite being a nicer car, from a price point perspective its behind an equivalent Passat. They can now be bought, in a more tax friendly 1.9, for sub 2 grand. I'd say you're gonna really struggle to get anything over 17-1800 quid. Old tax system cars are just getting mullered pricewise at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Furtzy2

Tax is king in Ireland. Once seen a couple go for a 1.4 Astra over a top spec 1.6 despite only €500 difference purely on the extra few quid tax. I'd say you'd get 1800 on that maybe 2000 if someone falls in love with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Having bought one recently albeit a 05 I would be inclined to put it up at around 3500 or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Mikko Mallikas

Here you go Power Pants, I honestly thought around the 3.5k, maybe not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Would kM clocked up make much odds to the sale price ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

PM me a link if you eventually put this up. I may have someone interested in it.

On a side note, did I hear right that this is diesel? I thought all ST were petrol?

@ Olddog, it probably does, like any other. It has 153000 miles on it, and Ironclaw PM sent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭9935452

Despite being a nicer car, from a price point perspective its behind an equivalent Passat. They can now be bought, in a more tax friendly 1.9, for sub 2 grand. I'd say you're gonna really struggle to get anything over 17-1800 quid. Old tax system cars are just getting mullered pricewise at the moment.

id be inclined to agree with the price above. I know its an ST spec car but the garage i normally go to had a 07 2.0 diesel mondeo a year and a half ago and sold it for 2300 and in his words was happy to get even that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭millington

Advertise it for €3k and try to get €2500 for it. The ST commands a far higher pricer than a normal Mondeo, even with the higher tax.

I do like the grey myself but I reckon Performance Blue is easier to sell.

Although if €1700 is all you want like someone said above, I will buy it tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

millington wrote: »
    Advertise it for €3k and try to get €2500 for it. The ST commands a far higher pricer than a normal Mondeo, even with the higher tax.

I do like the grey myself but I reckon Performance Blue is easier to sell.

Although if €1700 is all you want like someone said above, I will buy it tonight :D

I have to agree. Blue one would be easier to shift.
    Some cars are just more attractive to most people in particular colours when you talking high spec. Blue subarus, white civics, blue focus mondeo St, blue astra ops etc.

It's kind of madness though, one fella who was sort of interested in my car offered my low balls, but offered over 7k++ for a blue subaru in worse condition, bog standard spec and same milage amd uear. My one was up for 6k, but red. Amd my one looked really damn good in red.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭duffman3833

its not just a price you should be concentrating on. Take loads of pictures, at least 10, let the pics sell the car, and then give a good detailed description on the bottom. If you put the effort in the ad it will sell easier

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

0lddog wrote: »
    Would kM clocked up make much odds to the sale price ?

Conversely does genuine low mileage make much of a difference ? I have a 2001 318i Coupe (Auto) with only 34,000 miles on it but when I checked against a trade in the dealer told me that mileage made no difference ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Would it sell better in Northern Ireland? Might be an idea to put it on usedcarsni.com It's a shame that the motortax rates determine the price of a car. Lovely looking car by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,877 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Andip wrote: »
    Conversely does genuine low mileage make much of a difference ? I have a 2001 318i Coupe (Auto) with only 34,000 miles on it but when I checked against a trade in the dealer told me that mileage made no difference ?

When they are buying low mileage makes no difference but high mileage reduces the price they'll offer, when they are selling high mileage makes no difference so you can't use that to bargain down while low mileage will increase the amount they want. Never believe a sales person, either buying or selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Del2005 wrote: »
    When they are buying low mileage makes no difference but high mileage reduces the price they'll offer, when they are selling high mileage makes no difference so you can't use that to bargain down while low mileage will increase the amount they want. Never believe a sales person, either buying or selling.

I didn't bother trading her in as they offered me €1000 against a new 40k car, I was so insulted that I took my business elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭9935452

Andip wrote: »
    I didn't bother trading her in as they offered me €1000 against a new 40k car, I was so insulted that I took my business elsewhere

Basically they didnt want the car or the hassle of trying to sell it .
    Like high/low mileage making no difference in value , they just see it as a diesel mondeo and are giving you the value of a mondeo with 150k miles

Just to finish this up, I advertised it for €4200, sold it today for €3800, glad my instinct was correct, thanks for the help.

• Advertisement

glad to hear you got a decent price. So many on this forum seem to always low price peoples car its a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

glad to hear you got a decent price. So many on this forum seem to always low price peoples car its a joke

Just like that time you told that 7-Series driver his low mileage full history 728i with full NCT was worth €1k then right? :)

it was scrap tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

166man wrote: »
    Just like that time you told that 7-Series driver his low mileage full history 728i with full NCT was worth €1k then right? :)

I've no idea of you two have a bit of history here but who remembers stuff like that?!

Advertisement