Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European breakdown insurance for older motors

Options
  • 13-03-2016 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭

Im hoping some of you can help. I figured some here would have experience with european breakdown recovery from taking camper vans to France etc, compared to the motors forum

Im heading on a ten day road trip (bruge, brussels, nurburg, erfurt, berlin, prague, salzburg, munich, reims) in a 20 year old Alfa gtv including a stop off at the Nurburgring and am struggling to find recovery insurance that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
    While Im fully confident that the car will be fine on the trip (I've done 30K miles in the last two years without issue), if the worst was to happen I don't want to abandon it

Does anyone here know of any companies that provide recovery insurance back to Ireland for older stuff

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭JonMac

I think ADAC will take care of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭sunchaser

m heading on a ten day road trip (bruge, brussels, nurburg, erfurt, berlin, prague, salzburg, munich, reims) in a 20 year old Alfa gtv including a stop off at the Nurburgring

I have heard of whistlestop but this beats them all.
    Are you sure you will get some sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

JonMac wrote: »
    I think ADAC will take care of you.

If the cost of repatriation is less than they value the vehicle, they refuse to repatriate a friends t25 syncro camper.

Advertisement