Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is the Islam forum gone?

Options
  • 13-03-2016 12:52pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 80 ✭✭

Cant find it. Have I gone blind?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,080 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Its in World Religions along with Buddhism and other not-Christian religions.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Just noticed that A&A is in the Religion & Spirituality forum.....I loves HQ's sense of humor :D

We have been trying to get the name changed to the 'Lack of Religion Forum' on the basis that the Religious groups will be automatically included because...stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

The decline of Islam on boards.ie...hmmm.
    Well, I suppose some subjects thrive when a light is shone on them, and others just don't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 badspealler

Maybe it was one of those disappearing miracles involving a white horse, a large tub of vaseline and an empty crunchy nut corn flakes box?!? :eek:

...too much? :rolleyes:

In my defence, it's late and I've had a bad day :(; humour (however warped) is the only thing that makes any of it even remotely bearable. :confused:

Flames / trolls please use stamped, addressed envolope to PO Box 1, Dáil Eireann for your free stool sample by return post. Delays are inevitable while we're figuring out the seating plan, but rest assured our asses will get no rest when we know who's shitting where. Thank you for your patience. Your call is important to us, so please hang on while we see how long it will take you to hang up.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,965 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

recedite wrote: »
    The decline of Islam on boards.ie...hmmm.
    Well, I suppose some subjects thrive when a light is shone on them, and others just don't.

If you took the atheists out of the christianity forum, it'd be the same. They should thank us really.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 boy98

looksee wrote: »
    We have been trying to get the name changed to the 'Lack of Religion Forum' on the basis that the Religious groups will be automatically included because...stuff.

The arguments from the atheists haven't been Scientific enough. OCDing on religious topics is leaves the atheists without a Defence that they shouldn't be in 'Religion and Sprituality'.

If you took the atheists out of the christianity forum, it'd be the same. They should thank us really.

We do.....makes a change arguing with someone else:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

boy98 wrote: »
    The arguments from the atheists haven't been Scientific enough. OCDing on religious topics is leaves the atheists without a Defence that they shouldn't be in 'Religion and Sprituality'.

I have read this post several times now and can't figure out what it means....can anybody help?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

Odd. I was just thinking there seems to be a bit more discussion going on there recently, mostly about very boringly specific Christiany stuff. Though the new posters seem to be the ones driving it by and large.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

pauldla wrote: »
    I have read this post several times now and can't figure out what it means....can anybody help?
    Enigmatic, it is.
    Look with your heart, not with your eyes, and you shall see.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

recedite wrote: »
    Enigmatic, it is.
    Look with your heart, not with your eyes, and you shall see.

The wise man smells with his elbow...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Kiwi in IE

Absolam wrote: »
    Odd. I was just thinking there seems to be a bit more discussion going on there recently, mostly about very boringly specific Christiany stuff. Though the new posters seem to be the ones driving it by and large.

I was giving them a break because some of them got upset and there was a whole thread dedicated to moaning about us. Their forum does look very boring at the moment. I think they'd be lost without us. Might have to go over and say something mean about babies.

Kiwi in IE wrote: »
    I was giving them a break because some of them got upset and there was a whole thread dedicated to moaning about us. Their forum does look very boring at the moment. I think they'd be lost without us. Might have to go over and say something mean about babies.

In fairness, the thread fairly reasonably pointed out that discussions pushing Christians to defend their faith breaches the very first point of the Charter. Some may think it's boring now, but it looks like those participating are finding it quite interesting.

In fairness, the thread fairly reasonably pointed out that discussions pushing Christians to defend their faith breaches the very first point of the Charter. Some may think it's boring now, but it looks like those participating are finding it quite interesting.

Not true....I've lost interest in it.
    Its a mixture of a certain denomination, what its leader said and what he had for breakfast....This is a gross exaggeration but I'm sure you're scientific brains can decrypt my intent.:D

it looks like those participating are finding it quite interesting.
    Its a mixture of a certain denomination, what its leader said and what he had for breakfast....This is a gross exaggeration but I'm sure you're scientific brains can decrypt my intent.:D
    So... you're not one of those participating then, given that you've lost interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Kiwi in IE

But you two are Christians are you not? Both of you think it's a more boring place since topics that interest atheists are not being discussed much, and both of you are over here talking to us! Maybe we are more interesting and fun? Go on admit it! :D

But you two are Christians are you not? Both of you think it's a more boring place since topics that interest atheists are not being discussed much, and both of you are over here talking to us! Maybe we are more interesting and fun? Go on admit it! :D

Christian as charged but not Roman Catholic, hence the discussions over there being of little interest...plus Hinault seems to be gone :(

As for being here.... I got lost Judge! ....but seriously , its much more fun watching this kind of delusion than it is the other.

I'm certainly not... nor do I think it's a more boring place, just that the current topics are boringly specific Christiany stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Christian as charged but not Roman Catholic, hence the discussions over there being of little interest...plus Hinault seems to be gone :(

As for being here.... I got lost Judge! ....but seriously , its much more fun watching this kind of delusion than it is the other.

......hmmmmm. You could always write down your objections and nail them to the thread as a demand for change....

Kiwi in IE - I was giving them a break because some of them got upset and there was a whole thread dedicated to moaning about us. Their forum does look very boring at the moment. I think they'd be lost without us. Might have to go over and say something mean about babies.

Lol, I felt just the same. I think the thing is, while they are discussing specifically doctrinal and worship stuff, that's fine, get on with it. Its when they start discussing stuff that affects the rest of us that we find it necessary to put a spoke in. Well that and winding them :D

Advertisement