Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suits - Zegna Cloth?

Options
  • 13-03-2016 4:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭

I wear suits on a regular basis and over the years have had compliments on my dress sense.

Normally I've just based it on my thoughts of the fabric. And in my case i've preferred a thicker, more textured weave.

Previously i have worn Ives St Laurent, recently Baumler, Tom Ford and Jasper Conran. But all of them based on the thicker and textured weave that has "substance".

In terms of cost I've never spent more than about €400 on a suit. Although, ive spent about €150 on shirts.

I could probably spend €2k+ on a suit (like Zegna) but don't think i will ever do so. If i did it would probably be 4 or 5 suits and then lay down 10K. Job done for a few years.

I came across a suit at Savoy Tailors Guild/Mos Bros the other day that was made by them but labeled as "Ermenegildo Zegna Cloth".

I was told that it is Super 160s and it has that sheen to it that i normally don't like. In this case it seems almost perfect and the wife gives it a thumbs up as well.

Fit seems perfect for me. No customisation needed.

Any thoughts on this?

I have bought jackets and suits from them in the past which I've been happy with.

I am aware that the cloth is from the Zegna mills and is not a Zegna tailored and cut suit

Anyone purchased this or similar from Savoy Tailors Guild and anything i should take note of or be aware of?

Currently I've based it on the "Like it, Buy it" principle.
    But happy to hear others perspectives.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

Super 160s will be crazy fragile and you'll wrinkle the suit just by looking at it. I wouldn't expect the suit to last more than a couple of years. If you do go for it, get an extra pair of pants to extend the longevity a bit.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

If you do go for it, get an extra pair of pants to extend the longevity a bit.

Good advice for any suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭wandererz

If you do go for it, get an extra pair of pants to extend the longevity a bit.

Yes. Thanks. Good advice for anyone.

I don't buy suits these days without a second pair of trousers. They always wear out quicker than the jacket and are almost impossible to match again. Even with well known brands like Baumler and going by the fabric/colour code, they are difficult to find further down the road.

Advertisement