Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can Irish Nationals join the Royal Army Medical Corps?

Options
  • 13-03-2016 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hello lads!
    I've recently left secondary school and am near the end of a healthcare PLC course (which I'm not very fond of). I'm hoping to eventually become a combat medical technician in the British army. My question is, is it possible for an Irish National to do so?. I've already had my assessment and interviews for this role and initially I was told I would have to live in the UK for six months, than I was told by a different recruiter I would have to live there for 3 years, now I'm being told I can't join as a medic full stop.

If any Irishmen or women who has been in the Royal medical corps or has known someone in the medical corps any information would be greatly appreciated. Also considering the fact I applied for the RAF medic role and they had no problem with my nationality makes me suspicious about my recruiters in the army. I feel like they just want me to join infantry.

Again any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Posting multiple copies of the same thread is against boards rules. If you arent happy with the current one you should have had it moved.

Advertisement